Bird photography | Nest

Many of you could have experienced the challenge in bird photography. Those who do not understand bird’s behavior would not get good shots unless there are random lucky clicks. If you do understand, you can produce stunning shots. You should have lot of patient and do observation.

Eggs of Tailorbird
Eggs of Tailorbird

I was watching a common tailorbird (Orthotomus sutorius), which is hard to catch by camera lens due to its swift moving and small size. Continues observation resulted to find her nest. Once you find the nest, you must careful to approach. If go to the nest while the bird was seeing you, it could abandon the nest and build somewhere else. Therefore, make sure that not to disturb her and give burden to the tiny bird. When I approached the nest, I got a bonus. Yes, the nest had four eggs! So, quickly I did a few clicks. Here, I did not concentrate much on techniques, but I was keen to click rare chance. By the way, I used a prosumer camera, not a DSLR. I used in-built flash ride off darkness.


Camera settings:
  • Aperture size: f/4
  • Shutter Speed: 1/8 sec.
  • ISO: 80
  • Focal length: 11mm
  • Flash: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boulevard

Boulevard is definitely a heart touching scenery. It is good to walk in greenery road while enjoy the nature. Psychologically it gives benef...